The EasyChange "NEXT TO ME" Safer Mattress With PURER FOAM, TCPP FREE
What is TCCP?
It is law in the UK that every baby mattress has to be flame retardant.
For decades the chemical TCPP (tris (1-chloro-2-propyl) phosphate) has been used as a flame retardant.
We in the industry have been trying to remove flame retardant chemicals from baby mattresses and somehow still comply with the law on flammability.
TCPP has been accused of causing health problem in children and adults because over time TCPP escapes from the foam and has been detected in household air and dust. Laboratory tests indicate that TCPP may have an adverse effect on the nervous system and thyroid.
There is now a new safer purer foam available that is TCPP Free. Not only is it safer but it comes in 4 qualities and we make the Next To Me baby mattress out of the best quality TCPP Free foam. The new foam passes the British flammability standards.
TCPP foam has a gorgeous feel and offers the ultimate in support and comfort and instant recovery when depressed. and a huge reduction in the petro-chemical smell of foam. We have been dealing with hundreds of different grades of foam for over 30 years. This is the best foam for a baby mattress we have seen to date.
- This mattress has the latest Safer Foam - TCPP free. This foam won the award for best product at the 2019 bed show
- Noticeable reduction in the petrochemical smell
- 50 kilo extra supportive foam.
- Safetex Protective Liner
- Coolmax and Maxi Space Cover;
- Cover has full zip - machine washable at 60°c
- Box Packed
- The core is made from the new 50/125, 5 cm deep TCPP FREE foam giving excellent comfort support and durability.
- Wrapping the crib mattress core in stockinette fabric allows you to easily remove the Safetex base cover for washing.
- Safetex Protective liner is fitted over the stockinette to protect the core from body fluids.
Coolmax© is a well known fabric used widely in the mattress industry, it has a great reputation and has been designed specifically to regulate body temperature and wick away heat.
- The Maxi-Space underneath the Coolmax© is a 3D fabric which provides constant air circulation and excellent breath-ability, along with shock absorption and heat/water reduction. The two fabrics combined together is the ideal sleep surface for your baby.
- We put the Safetex easy wipe clean protective liner under the Coolmax© & Maxispace cover. This design allows maximum breathability for your baby yet still protects your mattress core. The cover is machine washable at 60°c.
- All of our mattresses conform to British standards BS1877, BS7177 and the recommendations of The Lullaby Trust.
- We have moved away from heavy duty plastic outer wrap in the favour of a recyclable cardboard box. Your crib mattress arrives in perfect condition and better for the environment too.