The EasyChange "NEXT TO ME" Safer Mattress TCPP FREE
What is TCPP?
It is law in the UK that every baby mattress has to be flame retardant.
For decades the chemical TCPP (tris (1-chloro-2-propyl) phosphate) has been used as a flame retardant.
We in the industry have been trying to remove flame retardant chemicals from baby mattresses and somehow still comply with the law on flammability.
TCPP has been accused of causing health problem in children and adults because over time TCPP escapes from the foam and has been detected in household air and dust. Laboratory tests indicate that TCPP may have an adverse effect on the nervous system and thyroid.
There is now a new safer foam available that is TCPP Free. Not only is it safer but it comes in 4 qualities and we make the Next To Me out of the best quality TCPP Free foam. The new foam passes the British flammability standards.
TCPP foam has a gorgeous feel and offers the ultimate in support and comfort and instant recovery when depressed. We have been dealing with hundreds of different grades of foam for over 30 years. This is the best foam for a baby mattress we have seen to date.
- This mattress has the latest Safer Foam - TCPP free.
- 50 kilo extra supportive foam.
- Safetex zip-on washable protective base cover.
- Two Luxury quilted microfibre toppers that zip on to the Safetex waterproof base cover.
- Box Packed
- The outstanding benefit of our "Easychange" NEXT TO ME crib mattress design - you just zip off the soiled topper and zip on a clean one.
- The core is made from the new 50/125, 5 cm deep TCPP FREE foam giving excellent comfort support and durability.
- Wrapping the crib mattress core in stockinette fabric allows you to easily remove the Safetex base cover for washing.
- Safetex zip-on washable cover is fitted over the stockinette to protect the core from body fluids.
- A luxury quilted microfibre topper zips on easily to the Safetex waterproof easy wipe clean base cover.
- The Safetex base cover and topper will machine wash at 60°c - the temperature required to kill dust mites.
- Microfibres have a much higher number of air chambers and tiny pores, allowing the skin to breathe and the body to regulate temperature more easily.
- Anti static - prevents the build up of static electricity.
- All of our mattresses conform to British Standards BS1877, BS7177.
- We have moved away from heavy duty plastic outer wrap in the favour of a recyclable cardboard box. Your crib mattress arrives in perfect condition and better for the environment too.